UVI has released the effects bundle featuring all its FX plugins in a single package plus release Opal, a new modern compressor.
Plugin companies love to bundle their plugins, whether instruments or effects. See Arturia with the V Collection or FX Collection, the Soundtoys 5, Native Instruments Komplete, and many more.
The French company UVI has done this so far with the Vintage Vault in which they have packed all the sample-based virtual instruments together. With the Effects Bundle, UVI now showed the same for their FX plugins.
UVI The Effects Bundle
The Effects Bundle packs all effects plugins from UVI together in one software box. That’s not a few. It includes:
- Shade: an advanced EQ and creative multi-band sound shaping plugin with 35 filter shapes supported by a massive modulation engine with 10 types of modulators. (Full article)
- Plate: a physically-modeled electro-mechanical reverb with advanced allowing you to create timbres of classic hardware but also beyond (Full Article)
- Sparkverb: a high-quality algorithmic reverb with a flexible engine and light on CPU.
- Dual Delay X: a unique approach to spatial delay that provides a wide range of charactered sounds with an easy-to-master interface. (Full Delay)
- Relayer: a powerful multi-tap delay with extensive shaping controls
- Rotary: a modern take on a classic rotary speaker effect
- Phasor: a modern, feature-rich phaser with an easy-to-use interface
- Thorus: the next generation of the classic Chorus modulation effect
- Drum Replacer: machine learning-based analysis drum replacement and processing utility, providing effortless audio component separation and triggering with a sophisticated realtime feature set.
- NEW: Opal: a physical modeling compressor delivering 7 variations of an iconic optical compression with modernized features.
I am particularly pleased that the plugins are now all compatible with Apple Silicon. It took a while but it’s done now. Even though I’m a big fan of the UVI Relayer plugin, the highlight of this release is Opal.
According to UVI, Opal is “a groundbreaking emulation of the iconic optical compressor, including stunningly accurate models of 7 different units. Leveraging advanced techniques our researchers were able to create their own innovative physical model, delivering unparalleled accuracy and faithful representation of these iconic compressors and the T4 optical cells within.
It includes models of seven units, borrowed from studios around the world, each offering a unique dynamic profile. In addition, users will find a slew of both handy and modern features including an external sidechain, variable responsiveness, frequency response correction, tube drive, and more
Glad to see that UVI has now updated the older plugins to Apple Silicon. Also, Opal looks like a very interesting compressor.
UVI The Effects Bundle is available now for an introductory price of 199€ instead of 299€. Existing users of the plugin will get a special upgrade price. Opal is available now, with a special introductory price of $59 / 59€ through July 31st, 2023 (regularly $99 / 99€).
The plugins run as a VST, VST3, AU, and AAX plugin on macOS (Intel + native Apple Silicon) and Windows. A single license includes 3 activations that can be used on any combination of individual computer systems or iLok keys.
More information here: UVI