SoundSpot Ravage is a brand-new distortion plugin for PC & Mac that includes 6 different algorithms, a filter section, a deep modulation section & more!
Two weeks ago, SoundSpot introduced a free distortion plugin called Ravage Lite which should be just a taste of the full version. Now the big brother is here. Ravage is a new distortion effect plugin for PC & Mac that features 6 different modeled distortion algorithms.
To get more interesting results, it’s possible to use filters or to modulate parameters with custom-drawn LFO shapes.
Select from six modelled distortion algorithms: Tube, Digital, Diode, Linear Fold, Zero Sq and Rectify, each with a different personality for adding grit and dirt to audio. Use the Drive control to push the signal harder, and use the Destroy parameter to fully smash up any audio. There are high- and low-pass filters onboard, as well as a Dark/Bright slider to weight the distortion’s energy.
Animate your distortion in Ravage’s Movement panel, which lets you assign modulators to one of eight destinations including Drive and Pan. With draw-your-own modulator shapes, you can customize an LFO’s movement using nodes and curves to whip up customised patterns. To take your modulation further, Ravage offers playhead reversal, waveform smoothing and pulse width manipulation.
- Heat things up with 6 distortion types: Digital, Tube, Diode, Lin Fold, Zero Sq and Rectify.
- Add movement to parameters using custom-drawn modulation shapes.
- Destroy parameter pushes the signal even harder through the distortion processor.
- Pan the distortion across the stereo field .
- Tailor the distortion response with filtering, input/output gain, and dark/bright weighting.
- Reverse, Smooth and adjust Pulse Width for modulator signals.
- Auto output control compensates level when Drive is increased.
- Oversampling is set intelligently behind the scenes to ensure the best sound quality.
SoundSpot Ravage is available now for PC & Mac (VST/AU/AAX) priced at $69 USD (65% OFF intro discount), regular $199 USD.
Available here: SoundSpot Ravage