According to the leak, Akai will soon unveil the MPC One +, an updated version in red and with more internal storage.
There was a big leak in mid-February. Including the Akai MPC XL with 4 GB RAM, MPC One MK2, MPC Software 3.0… The MPC XL became a reality last month, not with the name XL but as MPC SE.
Another leak occurred over the weekend. Now a renewed MPC One seems to be about to be released.
Leak Akai MPC One +
The YouTube channel SampleKings has published photos of an upcoming Akai MPC One +. You can see the packaging of the new MPC One +. The new dark red color of the device is immediately noticeable. I like it very much.
From the control elements, everything seems to be the same. Also, the touch display is again 7”. Those who are looking forward to 4GB of RAM will be disappointed here. According to the leak, the RAM will remain at 2GB, but the internal storage will be increased eightfold to 16GB instead of 2GB. It will also ship with over 2GB of pre-installed content.
Everything else will probably remain the same. So the MPC One+ will be more of a paint job with more internal storage like an all-new MK2. That would be a pity because you expect more from a new model
- standalone MPC – no computer required
- WiFi & Bluetooth enabled
- 7” high-resolution multi-touch display
- 16 velocity-sensitive RGB pads with poly aftertouch
- works as a controller for desktop MPC software for MAC/PC (included)
- stereo line level inputs
- stereo outputs
- MIDI in/out ports
- 2 GB RAM
- 16GB onboard storage with 2GB pre-installed exclusive content
- SD card slot
- USB host port for thumb drives, MIDI controllers, or class-compliant audio interface
- 4 TRS CV/Gate ports (8 outputs total)
Akai MPC One + availability and price TBA.
More information will follow here: Akai