Big News, Behringer has announced a 100 Modular Synthesizer system, an authentic clone of the Roland 100 for NAMM 2020.
NAMM 2020 will start in less than two hours and many readers are eagerly awaiting for Behringer news. Now the first one is out, it is the 100 Modular System, a clone of the Roland 100 Modular System. There have been renderings of the modules for a long time on Muffwigglers, then it became quieter again and now they are officially announced.
Behringer cloned a total of 11 Roland 100 modules and converted them into the Eurorack format. As you can see, they are extremely close to the design of the original. Prices and availability are not yet available. Since Uli Behringer once wrote that modules will cost between $ 49-99, you can expect these prices.
Introducing eleven new Eurorack compatible modules – all of them authentic reproductions of original “System 100M” circuitry from 1975. With ultra-fat oscillators and creamy filters the sound became famous in the early 80s used by artists like Depeche Mode, Human League, Tears For Fears but also Vangelis, Tangerine Dream, and even Aphex Twin.
If you’re into super-fat bass sounds, in-your-face leads or flowing soundscapes, definitely check them out! All modules are incredibly feature rich, have tremendous patching capabilities and a lot of them come with dual function, like:
- 112 dual oscillator with 3 waveforms, PWM and two sync modes
- 121 dual filter with 3-channel mixer per filter
- 130 dual VCA, again with dual 3-channel mixers
- 140 dual envelope has 3 outputs per ADSR plus a built in LFO that can be triggered and phase synced
- 173 gates module comes even with four gates that can switch audio and 6 quad buffered multiples
- 297 has a dual portamento controller plus two independent CV mixers
- 150 brings a ring modulator, 2 noise generators, syncable LFO and a sample and hold generator
- 172 module delivers a 6-step phase-shifter, an analog delay, an LFO and a gate delay
- 305 is an output module a four-band parametric EQ, a 4-channel mixer, line and separate headphone output and even a tuning oscillator
- 182 there is a powerful analog sequencer with either dual 8 steps or 1-16 steps and tempo, portamento and gate time controls
- 110 is a complete synth voice with VCO, VCA and filter in a single module
Behringer 100 Modular System will be available soon, price TBA.
More information here: Behringer
Behringer confirmed the modules would be between 49 – 99 USD in the pinned YouTube comment. This is my favorite news of NAMM 2020! Been waiting a long time for these. Can’t wait to see their Moog modular clones.