Nord Wave 2 is a powerful 4-part performance Synthesizer combining Virtual Analog synthesis, Samples, FM and Wavetable with an intuitive layer-focused interface.
That was a little surprise for NAMM 2020. Nobody expected to see a new Nord Synthesizer but apparently the demand for a Nord Wave 2 was very high. The second version is also a true performance-oriented synthesizer perfect for the stage and studio.
It features a four-layer engine with up to 48 voice of polyphony that offers virtual analog synthesis, sample playback, FM and wavetable synthesis. All of this can be combined in different ways. At first look, it has an impressive amount of features and a lot of synthesis options.
With 4 independent synthesizers in one the Nord Wave 2 offers exceptional possibilities for layering both classic waveforms and samples. Dedicated OLED displays for Program and Oscillator sections provide an excellent overview when shaping your sounds. The wide range of performance features and instantly tweakable hands-on effects makes the Wave 2 our most versatile performance synthesizer ever.
- 4-part Synthesizer with dedicated volume/pan faders
- Sample, Virtual Analog, Wavetable, and FM synthesis
- 48 voice polyphony
- OLED Displays for Program and Oscillator sections
- 1 GB memory for Nord Sample Library 3.0
- User replaceable samples
- 61-note keyboard with Aftertouch
- Advanced Arpeggiator with Polyphonic Trig mode
- Gate feature for rhythmic effects
- Advanced Morph features with Impulse Morph
- Master Clock control of Arpeggiator, LFO and Effects
- Vibrato with 3 Delay modes and Wheel/Aftertouch assign
- Analog: Basic, Shape, Multi, Sync and Noise with up to 16 oscillators
- Advanced FM with harmonic and inharmonic algorithms
- True Unison mode
- LFO with five waveforms
- Flexible syncing and routing options
- AD/AR envelope
- ADSR Amp envelope
- Transient Attack Mode
- 12/24 dB lowpass, lowpass M, band pass, high pass, and LP+HP
- Filter Drive
- ADSR envelope
- FX section with Tremolo, Pan, Ring Modulation, Chorus, Ensemble and Vibe.
- EQ section with Drive
- Advanced Delay section
- Reverb section with five sizes + Dark, Bright and Chorale modes
Nord Wave 2 is handmade in Sweden by Clavia DMI AB and scheduled for shipping in Spring 2020 with pricing to be announced.
More information here: Nord Keyboards
Be the first to comment