K-Devices’ unique multi-sonic face texturizer effects processor Magma is available now as an iOS (iPhone/iPad) AUv3 plugin.
Last October, the Italian developer K-Devices released Magma, a special FX processor plugin for macOS and Windows. So special that I had trouble describing it accurately. Mainly because it can have different sonic faces, like a good actor. Among many other things, it can be a creative micro-looper, a bizarre reverb, a unique granular processor, a sustainer, or a sound enricher.
This original plugin, which unfortunately still flies a bit under the radar of music producers, has now made it to iOS AUv3.
K-Devices Magma iOS
Magma for iOS is based on the same code as the plugin. It’s a 1-to-1 port. On iOS, it runs exclusively as an AUv3 plugin. Thus you need an AUv3 host like AUM, Cubasis, and others.
Since it is the identical effect processor here what I wrote for the VST/AU version back in October 2022
Magma is a new effects processor that doesn’t fit into any particular effect category. So no reverb, delay, chorus… it is a mixture of different ideas. According to K-Devices, it grabs incoming audio and twists its presence throughout time, blends it with its past self, unravels its most recondite shades, and controls its weight in space.
The core engine continuously records the incoming signal in a short buffer and then plays back the content by blending different moments in time.
Magma has a good range of parameters to bend the effect in different directions.
- raw disables the internal envelope and sharpens your incoming signal
- memory remembers the audio from the past and blends it with the preset, kind of unique dry/wet knob
- freeze parameter freezes the input (= 100%)
- size sets the buffer’s length
- EQ section with lo and hi settings that cut/boost either low or high frequencies
- rate sets the playhead’s speed and changes the pitch
- mid/side balances the mid/side, allowing you to manipulate the stereo image.
- temperature adds distortion to the signal, and at higher values, it adds amp modulation
- wet/dry control
I am thrilled that another high-quality experimental effects processor has landed on the iOS platform. Also that K-Devices is continuing to make iOS ports.
K-Devices Magma is available now for iOS (AUv3) for an introductory price of $2,99 USD (55% OFF) until March 31st, 2023.
More information here: K-Devices Apple AppStore
Be the first to comment