Tone2 will release Saurus3 in September, a free update for its analog-modeling synth plugin with new features, sounds and many improvements.
Do not confuse: Sauron is the villain in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Saurus is a Synthesizer plugin from Germany. The latter comes from Tone2 and uses virtual analog/analog-modeling synthesis.
Saurus3 will be released in September as a free update for existing Saurus2 users. You can look forward to some new features and improvements without having compatibility issues. It is downward-compatible with all previous versions so you can open your projects.
Saurus3 remains a versatile virtual analog Synthesizer with a feature-set that covers all aspects of hardware analog synths including a rich sound, punchy envelopes, and more. The new version will come with a new big interface and it will be possible to select from 4 GUI sizes in the settings. A new patch randomization feature gives you endless new sounds with a press on a button. Then, you will find a new soft clip in the config section and many new professionally crafted sounds. Also new are:
- A scrollbar is visible in the patch browser (in case of more sound libraries)
- The texts in the patch-browser on Mac support hi-dpi drawing
- Patch-selector shows a checkmark for the current patch and category.
- Added digital signatures for the installers on PC, notarization for the installers on Mac.
- The texts are shown in the patch-browser on Mac support hi-dpi drawing.
- A double-klick on a knob resets it to the default value
Further, the Saurus3 update will include many engine improvements. According to the developer, the synth engine will have more bottom and a warmer character. Also, it will offer higher sound quality settings including 44 kHz, 48 kHz, and 88 kHz sample-rate. This also applies to the chorus, reverb, and noise generator. All three will get an upgrade. Also to know are the following upcoming improvements:
- Reworked many graphics.
- Many small enhancements.
- Fonts are easier to read.
- Fine-tuned GUI layout.
- Enhanced mouse-focus and mouse-wheel support on PC.
- OSCs in free mode have a more punchy sound.
Last but not least, Tone2 will no longer support the 32-bit version on PC with the introduction of Saurus3 and and a well-known workaround in FL-Studio (“use “fix size buffers) will be a thing of the past. At first glance, a nice free update we can look forward to.
Tone2 Saurus3 will be a free update for existing Saurus2 customers. The price will be lowered from $99 to $69 USD/59€ from August till December 2021. The official release will be in early September 2021.
More information here: Tone2