Cockos Incorporated has released Reaper 6, a major new version of its digital audio workstation (DAW) with new features and improvements
Reaper is one of the most popular DAW on the market. No wonder, in no other you can customize the DAW according to your wishes plus for $ 60, it is unbeatable cheap and is constantly updated. The new update 6 improves Reaper a lot and makes existing customers happy.
It features a new Retina-ready graphics, MIDI CC envelopes but also FX plugin embedding. The latter is great because it allows you to embed small versions of some plugins into your tracks control and mixer panels. This improves and makes the workflow faster. But that was only a small part of the new features.
REAPER 6.0 contains many under-the-hood optimizations and improvements, in addition to the many items listed in the full changelog.
As always, we will continue to introduce improvements, optimizations, fixes, and major new features throughout the version 6 release cycle.
Changes in Reaper v6.0
- FX Plug-in Embedding: Embed small versions of some plug-ins into your tracks control and mixer panels, including ReaEQ, ReaFIR, ReaXcomp, graphical JSFX plug-ins, and more.
- MIDI CC Envelopes: Handle MIDI CC data as continuous data envelopes, rather than discrete events; create smooth, musical articulations and effects.
- Auto-stretch Timebase: Automatically stretch and reconform audio around complex tempo changes; easily work with tempo-mapped and live-played recordings together.
- Routing Diagram: View and edit project routing using a high-level graphical patchbay emulation.
- Retina/HiDPI: Automatic rendering to HiDPI and Retina displays; new Default 6 theme supports 100%, 150% and 200% natively.
- Big Project Improvements: Vastly optimized behavior for projects with high (200+) track counts; Metal display support for massively faster screen drawing on newer macOS displays.
- New theme with extensive customizability via Tweaker script; Dynamic Split improvements; import and render media with embedded transient information; per-track positive or negative playback offset; faster and higher quality samplerate conversion; and many other fixes and improvements.
Cockos Reaper 6 is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux (experimental builds). A discounted license is $60 USD and a commercial license costs $225 US. The upgrade is free to owners of Reaper 5.
More information here: Cockos
I have bought reaper 5, I was looking for a way to put lyrics into a track as text ,
which would scroll with time.