ToneBoosters has released 23 legacy plugins with 64-bit support for macOS and Windows for free including compressors, tape simulators…
Last week Audio Damage made 33 Legacy plugins available for free download. This caused great joy. So big that the article was one of the most read on the website in the last few months. Understandable considering the quality and audio tools you get for free here.
If you can make a splash like that, you can do it again, right? That’s probably what the developers of ToneBoosters thought. They follow Audio Damage route and have now offered 23 of their legacy plugins as free downloads. I looked at what you get.
ToneBoosters Legacy Plugins
Unlike Audio Damage, ToneBoosters is a plugin company that develops much more traditional audio plugins like EQs, compressors, and more. Less experimental and wild, more traditional and bread and butter-ish. Audio Tools with which you can perfectly get into audio and music production.
ToneBoosters releases 23 plugins as a free download, all with 64-bit support and macOS and Windows support. They run on the new Apple Silicon M1 computer under Rosetta without any problems. Unlike AD, the plugins are all in one file. So you download and install them all together. You don’t have to register them, nor use a key file, that’s handy.
What’s In There
All plugins are in v3 and are officially out of sale. But that doesn’t mean you don’t take care of them anymore. So there should still be bug fixes.
- Barricade, a true peak-limiter
- Broadcast – a multi-band compressor
- BusCompressor – a transparent compressor, designed to be a all-round dynamics processor
- Compressor – a versatile dynamic range compressor
- DeEsser removes or reduces excess sibilants in vocals (such as ‘sss’ and ‘tth’) without adversely affecting the low-frequency (voiced) parts of the signals.
- Dither – bit depth modifier, for example when authoring a CD…
- EBUCompact – a stereo and multi-channel loudness measurement tool
- EBULoudness – a stereo and multi-channel loudness measurement tool
- Equalizer – a versatile equalizer with a wide variety of filter prototypes and channel modes.
- Evoke is an multi-fx that consists of an integrated DC/rumble filter, a smart gate, a transparent compressor, a multi-band excess sibilance processor, and an exciter in one convenient plugin
- EZQ is an equalizer
- Ferox: tape simulator that simulates the smooth compression and saturation that reminds one of the good old days of tape recording
- FIX4: combines equalization and dynamics processing in one go with external side chain option.
- FIX is an equalizer and dynamic processor in one plugin. Same as FIX4 but without the side chain option.
- Gate: a very functional and simple to use gate.
- Isone: a stereo virtual reproduction system and listening room in your high-quality headphones.
- MidSideTransformer: a classic mid side tool
More Free Plugins
- Module: a multi-fx for a wide range of variety of feedback and modulation effects including a set of serialized processes such as panning, delay, filters, and sound-field rotation with user-controllable feedback
- ReelBus: an authentic analog tape recording simulator
- Reverb: a versatile room acoustic simulation and reverberation algorithm.
- Sibalance: a de-esser plugin
- Time Machine allows to simulate the effect of A/D and D/A aliasing, re-sampling, and bit reduction (both linear and mu-Law quantization).
- Voice Pitcher a simple to use, while very effective plugin to change the overall pitch of dialog and vocals, including singing voices
Many plugins have relatively old-fashioned GUIs, but don’t miss out on these free tools.
ToneBoosters Legacy plugins runs as a (32-/64-bit) VST2, and AU plugin on macOS and Windows. They run smoothly on macOS M1 computers under Rosetta. To download the plugins, follow the link below, scroll until “Legacy (v3) plug-in installer (64-bits) and download your installer.
More information here: ToneBoosters