With Pendulate, Newfangled Audio, and Eventide bring a free chaos oscillator based synth plugin to the market paired with Buchla-inspired addons.
We are happy about every new Synthesizer plugin especially those who offer new possibilities. Eventide has once again teamed up with Newfangled Audio (company driven by an Eventide DSP coder) to release their first synth plugin. Better yet, it’s completely free and doesn’t require iLok or other annoying registration procedures. The plugin is called Pendulate and it’s super interesting.
Pendulate is a monophonic synth and uses an innovative chaotic oscillator that is based on a double pendulum. What initially looks random actually contains underlying patterns of interconnectedness, constant feedback loops, repetition, self-similarity, fractals, and self-organization. The oscillator base is a sine wave but can smoothly fade from this to total chaos with a lot of unique between timbres.
This new oscillator type is paired with Buchla-inspired wavefolder and low pass gate modules. With these two tools you can shape the oscillator very deep, and thanks to the LPG, it’s possible to make sounds not super harsh but rather smooth and full of harmonics. The three-module foundation (OSC, WF, LPG) is supported by a good amount of modulators that can be patched like in a modular synth to the destinations.
Here you can find a free assignable multi-wave LFO, ADSR, velocity, and aftertouch. Another highlight is the full MPE support which can also be used as a parameter modulator. If the ideas run out, a random generator is available with which new sounds can be created instantly.
- Novel chaotic oscillator based on the double pendulum makes sounds you’ve never heard before, but will want to hear again
- Wavefolder based on the one in the Buchla 259 Complex Waveform Generator, adding MIX and CUTOFF
- Low Pass Gate based on the Buchla 292 adds controls for POLES and RESONANCE
- Innovative modulation UI allows modulation over every control from the main page, allowing up to 169 simultaneous modulation routings
- MPE support allows amazing control from innovative new controllers
- Envelope and LFO each have multiple outputs generated at once, like a modular synth should
- Modulation! Every mod output to every control means up to 221 modulation points in an intuitive single panel
- Animations! The Double Pendulum, Wavefolder, and Low Pass Gate modules each have animations to show how each module responds to your input, and to modulation
- Three unique color schemes to customize your look
- 136 Presets including artist presets from Matt Lange and Matthew Wang
SYNTH ANATOMY BONUS: CHAOS THEORY LIBRARY
At first glance a very exciting free west coast Synthesizer plugin with a different twist. I was able to experiment with Pendulate a little earlier and was quickly convinced of its novel engine and truly unique sound. I had so much fun that I designed a sound library for it.
For regular readers, viewers, and supporters I created a preset library for Newfangled Audio Pendulate Synthesizer with 40 new presets. It’s a free download but I am grateful for any financial help. With this, you support directly this activity and gives you more options to create more videos, sound libraries & more. BIG THANKS in advance for your support. Download it here
Newfangled Audio Pendulate is available now as a free download for PC & Mac in VST, VST3, AU & AAX plugin formats. It doesn’t require iLok or any other registration system.
More information here: Newfangled Audio
Be the first to comment