GS Music Zeus is a new multi-timbral analog polyphonic Synthesizer with two VCOs, presets, and a very classic subtractive synthesis design
Also from Argentina come new synthesizers. One of the known manufacturers is GS Music, who has with his Apollo I, a small, well-sounding monophonic synthesizer on the market. After his first monophonic steps as synth manufacturer, he now goes polyphonic.
Zeus is a new multi-timbral analog polyphonic Synthesizer with a very classic design. It is noticeable that the design & layout is very inspired by classic vintage Moog synthesizers. Currently, the synth is a prototype, so it may be that changes are still to come. Zeus subtractive voice architecture is entirely analog and offers 2 VCOs, two sub-oscillator, mixer and VCA per voice.
Analog Poly Engine
Further, it offers a 4 pole (24dB/oct) lowpass filter with resonance control. On the modulation side, you can find three LFOs and two ADSR envelopes. Even if the sound generation is completely analog, the control signals on each voice are digitally generated by a microcontroller. This means that presets can also be saved and retrieved. There is also a display where you can see not only presets but also the graphical representations of the envelopes, parameters and more.
Sounds can be refined with an onboard chorus and delay effect processor. Whether analog or digital, we do not know yet. According to the interface, Zeus can be played in different mono & poly modes and is also 4x multi-timbral. Zeus features a 49-key velocity-sensitive keyboard with aftertouch support.
At first glance, an interesting new analog polysynth where we keep an eye on the development.
- 12 voice of polyphony
- 2 voltage-controlled analog oscillators (VCO) (triangular, saw-tri, sawtooth, pulse) with sub-oscillators
- hard-sync, PWM and it is possible to mix pulse with oher waveshapes
- 24dB/oct (4 poles) lowpass filter with resonance control
- 2x ADSR (attack, decay, sustain, release) envelopes, velocity to attack
- 3x LFOs: triangular, ramp up, ramp down, square, sample & hold
- effects: chorus & delay
- 49-key velocity-sensitive keyboard with aftertouch
- MIDI in, MIDI out, MIDI thru, audio output (plug 1/4” TRS balanced), sustain, USB, filter CV, amplifier CV & audio input.
- Presets: TBD
- AC 220V power supply
GS Music Zeus availability & price: TBA
More information here: GS Music
Be the first to comment