iZotope has today released Neutron 3, the third version of its excellent all-in-one mixing plugin suite for PC & Mac. The new version features a new handy mix assistant that help you mixing as well as a new Sculptor module that is based on spectral shaping technology. Users of the advanced version can benefit this time beside the Neutron 3 also of 8 individual plugins.
Other changes to know are improved GUI, better CPU consumption, 7.1 Surround sound support and more.
Thanks to advances in machine learning, Neutron 3 Advanced is the first-ever plug-in that listens to the entire session, communicating with every track in the mix. Create a balanced starting point for an initial level mix built around a focus chosen by the mixer with Mix Assistant, saving time and energy for creative mix decisions.
“Neutron 3 moves us closer to a world where technology enables what all our customers love doing; being creative and making music.” says iZotope Product Manager Dan Gonzalez “Our customers are always finding innovative ways to use our Assistants to benefit their workflow and Mix Assistant is no different. With machine learning, we’re helping everyone get to a great starting point for their mix, so they can stay focused on their creative input. I’m personally very excited to see where this takes music making.”
Workflow is just one-way Neutron 3 is bringing mixing into the 21st century. Sculptor is a new module (available in Neutron 3 Standard, and Advanced) for sweetening, fixing, and creative applications. Using never-before-seen signal processing, Sculptor works like a per-band army of compressors and EQs to shape any track. It also communicates with Track Assistant to understand each instrument and gives real-time feedback to help shape tracks to a target EQ curve or experiment with new sounds.
In addition, Neutron 3 includes many new improvements and enhancements based on feedback from the community, such as the redesigned Masking Meter that automatically flags masking issues and allows them to be fixed from a convenient one-window display. Neutron 3 has also had a major overhaul in performance for faster processing and load times and smooth metering. Sessions with multiple Neutrons open much quicker and refresh rates for visualizations have doubled.
- NEW Mix Assistant: choose a focal point for a mix and let Neutron 3 automatically set levels before you ever have to touch a fader.
- NEW Sculptor module: Use iZotope spectral shaping to make instrument tracks sound more like themselves…or something else entirely.
- Improved Masking Meter prevents tracks from stepping on each other and muddying the mix.
- Visual Mixer & iZotope Relay: Launch Mix Assistant directly from Visual Mixer and move tracks in a virtual space, tapping into iZotope-enabled inter-plugin communication.
- Improved interface: Beautiful, smooth visualizations and a resizable interface that invite you to step in and take control.
- Work faster with huge performance gains that make system slowdowns and standstills a thing of the past.
- Improved Track Assistant listens to your audio and creates a custom preset for you based on what it hears.
- 8 plug-ins in one convenient mothership. Build your signal chain directly within one highly connected, intelligent interface with: Sculptor, EQ with Soft Saturation mode, Transient Shaper, 2 Compressors, Gate, Exciter, and Limiter.
- Component plug-ins: Complete freedom and control over Neutron’s 8 modules as a single plug-in or as 8 individual plug-in workhorses.
- Tonal Balance Control: Updated to support Neutron 3 to further help you shape a balanced mix based on tens-of-thousands of professional mixes.
- 7.1 Surround sound support and zero-latency mode in all 8 modules for professional, lightweight processing for audio post or surround music mixes.
Visual Mixer and iZotope Relay will be Included free with all Neutron 3 Advanced demo downloads.
Also to know is that Music Production Suite 2.1 will now include Neutron 3 Advanced and iZotope Elements Suite will be updated to include Neutron Elements (v3).
iZotope Neutron 3 is available in three different versions (Elements, Standard & Advanced) and as part of various bundles:
- Neutron Elements (v3) – $129 USD ($99 USD intro price)
- Neutron 3 Standard – $249 USD ($199 USD intro price)
- Neutron 3 Advanced – $399 USD ($299 USD intro price)
- Music Production Suite 2.1 – $999 USD ($599 USD intro price)
- Mix & Master Bundle, Advanced – $699 USD ($499 USD intro price)
- Mix & Master Bundle, Standard – $349 USD ($299 USD intro price)
- Elements Suite (v4) – $199 USD ($149 USD intro price)
- Neutron 3 Visual Mixer – Free (with a 10-day demo download of Neutron 3 Advanced)
The introduction sale is available until July 1st, 2019.
More information here: iZotope