The Sound Test Room has released a first look video for Patterning 2 Drum Machine, which will be released on July 27th for iOS!
We know for some now that Patterning 2 Drum Machine for iOS is coming. Now it’s know when. On July 27, it will be officially released and until then you can benefit from the pre-order price. The version features are: record beats with drum pads / midi controller, randomize almost everything (crazy drum machines grooves are possible), ratcheting brings new ways of sequencing to the tables as well as drum kit switching.
All these new features makes Patterning in my opinion even better. Doug from the YouTube channel The Sound Test Room released today an exclusive first look tour of Patterning 2.
Patterning 2 is the next generation of the award-winning circular drum machine. Create beats like never before in a beautiful, intuitive interface that is both easy to use and deep with features for the experienced producer.
New In Patterning V.2
- Record Beats: Record patterns using the new drum pads page or with an external MIDI controller.
- Randomize (Almost) Everything: Randomize instrument parameters such as panning, filter cutoff and resonance, tuning, velocity and more. Randomization can be automated on a per step basis.
- Next Generation Ratcheting: Creating stuttering beats with up to 8 divisions of a step. Use the Ratchet Decay parameter to create growing or decaying velocities for ratchets.
- Drum Kit Switching: Create as many kits as you like within a song and apply them to any number of patterns. Switch samples, effects, and mixer settings when changing patterns to subtly modify parameters or load a completely different palette of sounds.
- Quantized Pattern Launch: Switch patterns on the fly and never miss a beat.
- Coarse Tune Quantize: The coarse tune parameter can be quantized to specific intervals, making melodic sequencing a breeze. Combine with randomization to create stochastic melodies. Works with MIDI out, too!
- Pattern Tempo Changes: Patterns can now override (or revert back to) the song tempo, optionally slewing gradually to new tempos.
- Loop Rotate: Set the initial rotation of a loop, offsetting the loop to start on a different step or slide off the grid altogether. Steps can be nudged by single ticks or by regular sub-divisions of a step.
- Sample Folders: Easily organize your samples into folders for quick sample loading.
- Divide Mode Measure Length: In loop divide mode you can now set the measure length for the loop. So go ahead and divide that measure of 7/8 into 23 equal parts, because you can.
- Automation Improvements: Automation recording now latches on with the record button. New automation layers include parameter randomization, ratchet settings, and MIDI gate length.
- Ableton Link Updates: Patterning 2 uses the latest version of Ableton Link, with Start/Stop and now includes support for Link’s quantum setting.
- MIDI Gate Length & Unlimited CC Layers: Automate MIDI Gate Length for MIDI tracks. Gates longer than 100% will tie together with the following step, if present, to create longer note lengths. Unlimited CC automation layers for controlling your MIDI devices.
- MIDI Only Tracks: You can now disable audio for a track to make it MIDI only.
- Loads of Other Improvements: Streamlined MIDI setup from the Pattern editor, file system improvements, faster loading times and major under-the-hood improvements.
Sound Test Room First Look Demo
Support the Sound Test Room here: Patreon
Patterning 2 Drum Machine by Olympia Noise Co will be available in July 2018. You can pre-order now the app on the iTunes Store with a 25% OFF discount ($14.99). At the same time, the developers dropped the price of Patterning 1 to $6.99 USD.
Available here for pre-order: Patterning 2
Be the first to comment