AtomoSynth has presented at this year’s Tokyo Festival Festival of Modular KOE, a new analog synth voice for the Eurorack format!
On this year’s Tokyo Festival of Modular, Alfredo from AtomoSynth presented KOE, a new analog synth voice module for the Eurorack format. It features two VCO’s with square and ramp waveforms with depth and tune controls. Each control features a separate CV input for individual control or FM modulation. Clever feature is that the VCO’s comes with individual outputs for each oscillator.
Beside the oscillators, it includes also a noise generator and a dedicated glide effect knob. Than also a high-pass and low-pass vactrol based filter with cutoff and resonance/peak control and two envelope generators. An additional audio input gives you the options to processor external audio through the filter. In summary, is the new AtomoSynth a very interesting and affordable synth voice that gives musicians a good starting point in the Eurorack world.
This is the new KOE module, it is japanese for “voice” because it is a complete synth voice in just one affordable module, if you are new to the modular world or if you want to add an extra voice to your system, this is for you!!!…
- 42 HP width, uses +/- 12V power.
- Current draw: 94mA at +12V and 37mA at -12V
- Two VCO’s with square and ramp waveforms with depth and tune controls, each tune control is a ten turn potentiometer which allows easily setting of the octave, tune and fine tune with just one knob, each one features a separate CV input for individual control or FM modulation, also features a VCO output jack of each oscillator.
- Noise source with level knob, it also features a noise output jack.
- Glide Effect knob, takes input from the “pitch in” input jack and affects both oscillators.
- One LFO with square and triangle waveforms, it has a switcher for setting it to affect the VCO frequency or the Filter cut off, it also features an output jack.
- High pass and Low pass vactrol based filter with cutoff and resonance/peak control, it features an input jack to control the cut off frequency, an audio input jack and audio output jack which gives you access to the filter output signal before it goes to the VCA.
- Two Envelope generators:
- EG1 with decay time control, depth control and a switcher to invert the polarity of the EG1 output voltage, it is set to affect the cut off frequency of the filter and has an output jack.
- EG2 with attack and release controls, set to affect the output volume (VCA), it has an output jack
- Both EGs share the same input jack for the incoming gate signal.
- Feedback switcher which connects the output to the mixer input for an extra harmonic boost, it also features a trimmer to set the level of feedback.
- Audio input, it allows to process any axternal audio signal with the filter and envelopes.
- The face panel is made with 2mm high quality anodised aluminum.
The AtomoSynth Koe analog synth voice module will available soon for a price of $349 USD.
More information here: AtomoSynth KOE
Be the first to comment