One of the latest plugin developed by Eventide was the Tverb, a special reverb used by David Bowie for his Heroes album. Now you can grab this plugin with an amazing 60% OFF discount for limited time. It’s really an interesting reverb plugin where you can change the microphones in the room. Additional, for each plugin you have from Eventide, you receive one month of subscription for free for all their plugin. If you have three plugins, you receive three months for free.
Available here: Eventide Tverb
Tverb was developed in collaboration with legendary producer, engineer and musician, Tony Visconti. The plug-in was inspired by the iconic sound of the title track of David Bowie’s twelfth studio album, Heroes, recorded in August 1977 in the shadow of the Berlin Wall. With only one track left for lead vocals, Visconti was able to harness the power of Bowie’s voice by inventing a stunning recording technique. This technique is the foundation of Tverb.
Visconti set up three microphones in the hall of Berlin’s Hansa Studios, the first for Bowie to sing directly into, a second positioned about 15 feet away and the third further back in the hall. Visconti placed gates on the second and third microphones set to open as Bowie sang louder and louder.
- 2 Moveable microphones to adjust reverb size and tone.
- Adjustable polar patterns for microphone 1 to adjust the amount of ambient room tone.
- Custom Eventide reverb algorithm with EQ, diffusion, and decay control.
- Compressor module on microphone 1, just as Visconti had in the original session.
- 2 Linkable post-reverb gate modules with control of when the gates close, the speed at which they close and the length of time they are forced to stay open.
- Console (inspired by the one used in the session and with Visconti’s “grease pencil” labelling) provides post-reverb channel processing for each individual mic and the master.
- Room mixer module alters the sound of the room itself with control over decay, diffusion and frequency attenuation.
- Signal inversion buttons to remove (or create) phase cancellation.
- Mix Lock allows for scrolling through presets or settings while keeping the wet/dry mix constant.
- Complete automation support.
Be the first to comment