Tone2 has released Saurus 4, a major free update for its analog modeling Synthesizer plugin for macOS and Windows.
Plugin updates are very welcome. This is how you can benefit from new features and compatibility for your favorite plugin. Even better, if they are free of charge.
Tone2’s analog modeling synthesizer Saurus got a big free update just before the Easter holidays. Good news for existing customers.
What Is Saurus 4?
Tone2 Saurus 4 is an authentic emulation of classic analog synths covering all aspects of analog synths, but without the disadvantages. It has two rich-sounding oscillators, each with a multi-wave sub-oscillator. There is also ring modulation. sync, and pulse-width modulation.
Then, you get a 12dB/24dB filter with overdrive and FM. It also ships with chorus and reverb effects. On the modulation side, you have two multi-wave LFOs, a freely assignable envelope, and more. Saurus 4 can also be played in 4x stereo unison and has a powerful arpeggiator with various play modes.
New In Tone2 Saurus 4
- GUI with 20 different sizes (with and without keys).
- native support for WQHD, 4K, 5K and 8K UHD displays.
- GUI can be scaled from 66% up to 300% by clicking in the lower right corner.
- reworked and enhanced graphics.
- smoother animations and more responisve controls.
- support for hardware-acceleration.
- ultrasharp graphics with enhanced HiDpi and Retina Display support.
- automatic detection of the ideal GUI size.
- completely rewritten GUI code.
- more contrast for the LCD displays
- the animations are faster and smoother.
- fine-tuned some coordinates in the interface.
- re-sizing the VST3, Standalone, and Audiounit works more reliable.
- fine-tuned some colors.
- removed the demo-version timeout and added a voice-over.
- patch browser can now also be opened by clicking on ‘BROWSER’ or the display on the upper left.
- a finger is shown when hovering over ‘BROWSER’ to indicate that the control is clickable
- the audio engine now uses 64-bit precision instead of 32-bit, which results in a higher sound quality.
- slightly enhanced sound of the automatic micro-tuning.
- enhanced sound of the reverb
There is no video about the new Saurus 4 update.
Not a feature-rich update to the engine but one that improves important points of the plugin. Like the GUI, browser, etc. This is a very welcome update. Thanks, Tone2 for making it free of charge for existing users.
Tone2 Saurus 4 is a free update for existing users. Saurus 4 is available now for an introductory price of 69€ instead of 99€
More information here: Tone2
Available at my partner
Be the first to comment