Behringer has today published an article including a picture of Jeffrey Ford which is part of the LA support team on the Musictribe site. They talked about Behringer’s new Synthesizers about his feedback.
The more interesting is on the table. You can see the next synthesizer clone: the Behringer K-20, an analog clone of the KORG MS-20. Whether it is a Eurorack synthesizer or a larger desktop synth is not yet known. He looks like a Korg MS-20.
Jeffrey Ford Said In The Interview
“I’ll be honest, I love Korg mono synths. One of my all-time favourites is the Korg 770, this little guy’s older sister. First off I’m amazed at the form factor in such a small footprint. This thing sounds awesome. Having a high pass and low pass with adjustable peak is amazing for fine tweaking tones. My 770 doesn’t have that.
One could get lost for hours just patching to different places and finding an endless sea of sounds. I never had an MS-20 so this was a learning experience of wonderment and at times pure awe. What a flexible little monster. Most definitely a generator of sounds from outer space. Add some tape delay and I’d go missing for hours on end. Wonderful job on this guy.”
Features Of The Behringer K-20 (not confirmed but leaked)
- Analog synthesizer with dual VCO design
- Reproduction of original “MS-20” circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- Semi-modular architecture with default routings requires no patching for immediate performance
- 4 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths and ring modulation for ultimate sounds
- First-generation filter design (high pass/low pass with peak/resonance)
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- 2 analog Envelope Generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 36 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program
All details including price and first sound demos will follow in near future.
More information here: Musictribe
Thats a KORG 770, not an MS-20 that the BEHRINGER MS-20 is sitting on.
Yes but I talk in the article about the synth on top of it and this is the Behringer K-20 😉 Jeffrey Ford briefly spoke about the KORG 770 in the interview 😉
Is that a vocoder input at top-center?
More like a MIDI port
I think is MIDI. It wouldn’t be a good vocoder because it only have 2 filters and they are LP and HP.