4Pockets, known for over 15 AUv3 effects, has today released its first instrument app. Chameleon is an intuitive designed AUv3 sampler for iOS that allows you to playback samples but also to sample in real-time. iOS files app support allows you to import and export quickly sounds.
With loop points, crossfades, mono/poly modes, ADSR, ARP,… you can create quickly your own sounds. To refine the sounds, it comes also with three different effects: reverb, chorus, and a delay with BPM sync. With the help of iOS files app support, you can easily import
Chameleon is an AUv3 compatible sampler instrument plugin for your favourite DAW. The program can run as a standalone app in order to record audio samples from the internal microphone or professional audio interface. It also supports incoming Inter-App Audio connections for sampling directly from other iOS applications, however it is primarily intended to be used as an AUv3 Instrument plugin for applications such as Cubasis, AUM, Auria, Meteor, Gargeband etc. The plugin can additionally be loaded as an AUv3 effect in order to record audio passing through it from other AUv3 Instrument sources, which makes it a very versatile and useful tool.
Chameleon can also import audio samples using iOS Files integration or you can make use of Copy / Paste to quickly drop one of more samples into a patch. You can also freely edit samples using the built in tools such as normalise, fade in, fade out, crop, clear options etc.
You can run Cameleon as a standalone app and map external MIDI keyboards (Bluetooth MIDI support also included) and perform audio sampling outside of your DAW. This is provided for convenience since you can’t record input when hosted as an AUv3 Instrument plugin. As mentioned earlier you can also load the app as an AUv3 Effect plugin too which allows you to record directly from other AUv3 instruments.
Yes some DAW’s have built-in samplers which only have the ability to playback libraries provided with the software. Chameleon allows you to built your own libraries of sounds and share them with others. There’s a budding rapper in you dying to get out and we have just the tool!
- AUv3 Instrument and AUv3 Effect compatible
- Runs as a standalone app for sampling purposes.
- Supports incoming IAA connections to compatible apps
- ADSR touch envelopes and modulation.
- ARP – Sophisticated programmable arpegiator.
- Reverb, Chorus and Digital Delay Effects with BPM sync.
- Backup and Restore patches and banks.
- Create your own user banks.
- 4 Touch Pads for automation.
- iOS Files App support for import and export.
- MIDI, Bluetooth MIDI and virtual keyboard support as a standalone app.
- Loop Points and optional Crossfade supported.
- Monophonic and Polyphonic modes
- iPhone and iPad supported.
4Pockets Chameleon AUv3 Sampler is available now for $7.99 USD for iPhone/iPad on the Apple App Store.
More information here: 4Pockets Chameleon
Be the first to comment