Elektron Analog Heat MKII brings improvements to the analog circuits, a better screen, better graphics & knobs and working Overbridge (not yet!)
Many are waiting for an Overbridge update for the last products but there is not much news to tell about it. Meanwhile, the Swedish company shows a successor to the Analog Heat. The Analog Heat MKII is not a massive upgrade compared to the original but big enough to consider to buy the second version instead of the MK1.
The new version features improvements to the analog circuit, better encodes for more durability and precision, new tough back-lit keys and a new crisp & bigger OLED display. Also additional visual feedback on the amp, filter, envelope and LFO pages is now available for a better overview and understanding of the signal flow. Elektron communicates also that the new Analog Heat MKII features Overbridge support but not yet functional. Here too, Elektron users must continue to wait for an update.
Swedish music instrument maker Elektron proudly present the Analog Heat MKII, a versatile and powerful stereo analog sound processing unit. It does not make any sound on its own but does an excellent job enhancing any sound source you plug into it. The eight analog stereo effects circuits, the multimode filter, and the two-band EQ provide a wealth of sound shaping options. Upgrades from the MKI version include tougher and more precise encoders, back-lit buttons and a larger, sharper OLED screen. Great for stage, great in the studio, it even works as a 2-in/2-out sound card, for the on-the-go music producer.
“We get so much love from musicians who use this amazing little furnace. The Analog Heat, great for giving any sound an analog boost, just got even better,” says Elektron CEO Jonas Hillman.
- 8 × Stereo analog distortion circuits
- 1 × Stereo analog multi-mode filter (7 filter types)
- 1 × 2 band adaptable stereo analog EQ
- 1 × Assignable envelope generator/envelope follower
- 1 × Assignable LFO
- 128 user preset slots
- 128×64 pixel OLED screen
- MIDI In/Out/Thru with DIN Sync out
- 2 × 1/4″ balanced audio out jacks
- 2 × 1/4″ balanced audio in jacks
- 1 × 1/4″ stereo headphones jack
- 2 × 1/4″ CV/Expression pedal input jacks
- 48 kHz, 24-bit D/A and A/D converters
- Flash-EEPROM upgradable OS
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 port
- Headphones out level: +19 dBu peak
- Headphones output impedance: 36 Ω
- Impedance balanced main outputs level: +19 dBu peak
- Main outputs impedance: 440 Ω unbalanced
- Balanced audio input level: +19 dBu peak
- Audio input impedance: 39 kΩ
- Input level: -5 V – +5 V
- Accepts CV, Expression pedals, Foot switches
- Sturdy steel casing
- Dimensions: W215×D184×H63 mm (8.5×7.2×2.5″) (including audio outputs, knobs and rubber feet)
- Weight: approximately 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs)
- 100×100 mm VESA mounting holes
- Overbridge enabled (available later)
- 3 year Elektron warranty
Included in the box
- Power Supply PSU-3b
- Elektron USB cable
Elektron Analog Heat MKII is now available for $819 / £750 / 830-870€ from any official retailer.
More information here: Elektron
Be the first to comment