Sinevibes just announced new very creative and experimental effect plugin for macOS. Unlike normal effect plugins, Flow 2 is an animated flanger and phaser plugin that can can produce complex riffs, random glitches and much more. As usual, this plugin is only available for macOS.
Sinevibes is excited to announce Flow II, an all-new Mac plugin for creating animated flanger and phaser effects. Unlike a traditional flanger or phaser, Flow has a powerful tempo-synchronized sequencer that allows to set different effect frequency, envelope shape and modulation depth per each of its 32 steps. Although it can do classic sweeps and burbles too, it goes much beyond – stepped patterns, complex riffs, elaborate pulsations, random glitches are mere seconds away thanks to Flow’s simple editing tools and numerous utility functions. Both its rhythmic and spectral character is also widely tunable with multiple open parameters for the effect and the envelope sequencer.
Flow displays a live sound waveform and aligns its sequencer graphics with it – exactly in the same way it’s done by the sound engine, for true “what you see is what you get” operation. Every element in its user interface is color-coded and features subtle animations, making your workflow unusually easy and enjoyable. Plus, all this goodness is rendered right on the graphics adapter meaning fast response and no extra load on the main processor, regardless of how new or old your Mac is.
The full list of changes compared to the previous version of Flow includes:
- Redesigned user interface with improved contrast, new color scheme and more legible fonts.
- All-new, much more efficient DSP algorithms for step sequencer, multi-envelope generator, parameter slew and modulation lag.
- Added live input waveform display visually aligned with the envelope sequence.
- Added 4- and 8-stage feedback phaser effect options.
- Added new controls for min/max modulation range and effect output level.
- Added new “triple ramp” envelope shape.
- Added envelope curve control (logarithmic to linear to exponential).
- Added utility functions to “evolve” the sequence or time-shift the sequence by +/- one step or one beat.
- Added shift-click and drag to relatively adjust all steps, control-click and drag to snap steps to 10 fixed values.
- Added support for mono-to-stereo channel configuration.
- Waveform analysis is only performed when the user interface is open.
Flow II by Sinevibes costs $29. It works with any application that supports Audio Unit effect plugins, and supports OS X 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64 bit Intel Macs. All existing owners of Flow can get Flow II as a free upgrade, and both versions can be installed at the same time.
Available here: Sinevibes Flow II
Also inside the Sinevibes Dynamic Collection