The developer of Audacity released today an update with full Windows 10 support and with a new distortion effect. Audacity has only partial support for Mac Sierra but the development team fix a bit the problem with this update but not completely.
- Audacity 2.1.3 now properly supports Windows 10 (thanks to an upgrade of the PortAudio library) and on MacOS has some previously missing support for Magic Mouse/Trackpad (thanks to Paul Licameli).
- New Distortion effect, Rhythm Track (was called Click Track) and Sample Data Import (thanks to Steve Daulton). Also effects are no longer grayed-out when in pause.
- New scrub ruler and ‘pinned’ option so the waveform moves and the recording/playing head stays still. (Paul).
- New features in Timer Record (Mark Young & Steve).
- On Mac, audacity.app is now added to /Applications/ directly rather than adding a folder there.
- 64 bugs/annoyances in 2.1.2 fixed of which 15 were long-standing issues. Also lots done (Paul again) to systematically deal with memory leaks.
More Informations here: Audacity
Be the first to comment