SYNTH ANATOMY uses affiliation & partner programs (big red buttons) to finance a part of the activity. If you use these, you support the website. Thanks!
Last week, Per Loenicker released CHAiOS Synth 2 which brings a lot of new features and improvements.
The CHAiOS SYNTH 2 is a further development of the free and easy-to-use CHAiOS SYNTH, which was formerly developed at the University of Applied Sciences Duesseldorf. The new version is beefed up by a number of new features and improvements. Now the CHAiOS SYNTH 2 has become a full professional synthesizer while staying as intuitive and uncomplicated as its predecessor.
With support for Inter-App Audio and Audiobus the CHAiOS SYNTH 2 can be used together with other audio apps on iPad.
- 16 Step melody generator with unique random algorithm
- Wavetable oscillator with three different waveforms
- VA lowpass filter with variable resonance and cutoff frequency
- Delay- and reverb-effects
- ADSR envelopes for controlling amp and filter frequency
- Support for Audiobus and Inter-App Audio
Improvements to CHAiOS Synth 1
- New bandlimited wavetable oscillator
- New „virtual analog“ 4-pole lowpass filter
- Additional ADSR-envelope for the filter frequency
- 3 modes for filter resonance
- 16 step /3 track drum-sequencer
- More parameters for reverb and delay
- Adjustable oscillator volume
- Improved, streamlined design
CHAiOS Synth 2 is now a pay app and is available here:
CHAiOS Synth is available for free but is no longer in development