Cherry Audio recreates 7 iconic vintage Moog signal processors from the past and packs them into Rackmode plugins with modern functionalities
Cherry Audio has been teasing a new release for a few days. Many readers, myself included, speculated on a new Synthesizer emulation. A CS-80, an ARP Odyssey or even an ARP 2500. Many names have been dropped. Well, none of these is the jackpot, we were all wrong.
It’s not a Synthesizer but emulations of legendary signal processors from the past.
Cherry Audio Rackmode
The Rackmode collection bundles 7 circuit-precise emulations of vintage Moog signal processors created in collaboration with Synthesizer developer and DSP programmer Mark Barton:
- Rackmode Vocoder recreates the iconic Moog 16 Channel Vocoder and comes in two versions: as an instrument plugin with a built-in dual oscillator, and as an effects plugin.
- Phaser is based on the definitive 12 stage original known for its lush, sweeping textures
- Ring Modulator is based on the unique Moog’s Harald Bode ring modulator with multiple waveforms and squelch control.
- String Filter emulates the characteristics of the extremely rare system created by Moog’s custom engineering group. It utilizes filter arrays that allows you to create physical modeling like acoustic string instrument sounds.
- Frequency Shifter is an emulation of the Moog 1630 Bode Frequency Shifter created by Harald Bode. It mixes two inputs or side-chains a single input with its own built-in oscillator. You can achieve colorful, metallic effects with it by modifying the ratio of incoming frequency components
- Graphic EQ gives you ten selectable frequency bands with drive and gain controls. It is capable of creating unique, exotic effects when used with other instruments and effects.
- Parametric EQ is a three band EQ for sculpting the low, mid, and high-frequency ranges.
More Than Emulations
Cherry Audio has not only emulated these classic Moog signal processors in the Rackmode collection. They have also improved and expanded them. For example, you can uses syncable LFOs, process audio in stereo, and save your settings in presets. Features not found in the original.
With the Rackmode effects, Cherry Audio reaches musicians who have always been looking for that iconic sound and all who want to go beyond them. It’s a collection that will satisfy vintage and modern sound lovers alike. An exciting release that is very surprising.
Cherry Audio Rackmode is available now for an introductory price of $99 USD instead of $129 USD. The signal processors run as a VST, VST3, AU, and AAX plugin on macOS (Intel + M1) and Windows.
More information here: Cherry Audio
looks great and sounds really great. its not the usual cherry mode pricetag peeps expected, especially not the usual flatheads telling allday long that “cheap is bad”.
i say its ok.
but i actually have no use for it tbh^^. i wish i had thou :D.