Cherry Audio, makers of Voltage Modular, have released the CA2600, an authentic ARP 2600 emulation as a plug-in for an unbeatable $25
If a Korg ARP 2600 replica or the cheap clone from Behringer for 599 € is too expensive, you should now be careful. Cherry Audio only recently released the DCO-106, a solid emulation of the Roland Juno-106. Now they released an accurate emulation of the ARP 2600 called CA2600 at a bargain price of $25.
Instead of massively expanding it, the developers stay very close to the original by expanding it only minimally with new features. So they can offer the users not only a great-sounding emulation but also a hands-on learning tool. This allows you to discover and try out the patch possibilities of an ARP 2600. And unlike the analog clones of this year, you can save the sound. Yes, it’s a plugin.
Cherry Audio CA2600
CA2600 is a self-contained duophonic Synthesizer plugin inspired by the legendary ARP 2600. The developers have modeled every aspect of the original the including the quirky oscillator waveforms, ladder filter…
The CA2600 is built-up like a classic ARP 2600. Every section is modeled in detail but expanded with some good extensions that increase flexibility. Semi-normalled patch cabling, integrated effects, multiple voice assign modes, additional LFO, and more. More important, no hidden/menus in the audio path. Consequently, it delivers a hands-on vintage-synthesis experience that makes a lot of fun.
Cherry Audio’s newest plugin release can do everything you would expect from a good ARP 2600 emulation. Chunky basses, cutting leads, super flexible audio processing, crazy effects like the iconic R2D2 sound, and more. Further, you have full MIDI control and full DAW automation for all controls.
Finally, to make it even more detailed, the developer delivers the plugin with three different, iconic GUIs: blue, gray, black/orange color schemes.
- Every aspect precisely modeled in exacting detail
- Over 300 presets
- Monophonic and duophonic voice modes
- Vintage-correct multi-mode filter with 12db and 24db slope
- Integrated, fully CV-controllable distortion, reverb, and delay with sync
- Sidechain audio input for external signal processing
- Flexible CV Routing
- Multiple voice assign modes
- Advanced patch cabling with unlimited mults per jack, “quick patch” for rapid multiple destination routing, and click and drag movement of multiple connections
- Additional LFO with six waveforms and tempo sync
- Voltage Processors section with additional VCA and 1/2-step quantizer
- Selectable blue, gray, or black/orange color schemes
- Full MIDI control
- Full DAW automation for all controls
All in all, you get here for currently only $25 (regular $39) a very authentic emulation of the iconic ARP 2600 as a plugin (VST/AU/AAX) and standalone that not only sound solid but is also a lot of fun.
More information here: Cherry Audio