Arturia presents its MicroFreak community with a new Vocoder oscillator and with a new limited edition of the MF Synthesizer in white
Owners of the MicroFreak can consider themselves lucky. NAMM 2020 the big 2.0 drum and chord update, a new editor from Momo, and now another free update. The new firmware update 2.1 transforms the MicroBrute into a versatile 16-band vocoder with accessible real-time voicing controls. The engine replicates the complex harmonics o the human voice.
The core engine is based on a carrier that consists of a sawtooth, pulse width, and noise waveforms. 2.1 not only brings you a vocoder but also a new external input that allows you to connect external sound sources to the MicroFreak. Arturia celebrates this new oscillator with a new MicroFreak Vocoder Edition. It’s white, has a orange touch keyboard, comes with a detachable gooseneck microphone, and is limited edition. Except for the new look and the microphone, all functions are identical to the black version.
Classic microphones with a TRRS connector can be used or you can upgrade your black beauty with Arturia’s gooseneck microphone which will be available in limited quantities.
MicroFreak Vocoder Edition & New Features
- A new look, a new configuration, a new sound. Let’s take a closer look at what makes this exclusive limited-run Freak tick…
- Gooseneck microphone
- Easily adjustable and removable, the mic connects to the headphone socket, designed to fit snug against MicroFreak’s rear connectivity panel.
- Limited-edition finish
- MicroFreak Vocoder Edition has been given a makeover, featuring a sleek, eye-catching white design with a unique Swan graphic.
New 16-band Vocoder engine
- Accurately detect filter and replicate the complex harmonics of the human voice. Sawtooth, pulse width and noise waveforms, with 16 new presets to boot.
- Connect external sound sources
- Process an external sound source like a drum machine/synth via the headphone socket for glitchy vocoder sound processing.
First Look & Sound Demo
Arturia MicroFreak update 2.1 is available now as a free download for existing users. MicroFreak Vocoder Edition will be available soon for 329€. The microphone can be purchased separately for your black MF for 29€
More information here: Arturia
MicroFreak White Edition is available to pre-order at our partner
Be the first to comment