Modal Electronics Argon8 pre-order phase has begun which means that the team is in the finish with the development of their new poly wavetable Synthesizer.
According to the information of various shops in Europe, the Argon8 will probably be delivered before the end of the year, which is good news. The developers were not sure but now it still seems to come in 2019. As a reminder: Argon8 is Modal Electronics’ new 8x polyphonic wavetable Synthesizer with many deep sound features and a very nice hands-on interface for less than 700 €.
How good it will finally be, the test will say. So much I can say: if it is even better than the Craftsynth 2 (review) but with 8 voices, then you can be very curious.
True 8-voice polyphonic, mono-timbral
120 carefully crafted wavetables split into 24 banks of 5 morphable waveform sets, covering virtual analog classics through to cutting edge EDM and many from the original Modal 002 as well as a whole range of mathematically generated tables. Additional PWM bank and 4 noise/modulation banks accessible on Oscillator 2.
28 static wavetable processors including de-rez, wave folders, waveshapers, phase shapers and rectify that can be applied to the 120 wavetables to give a mind-boggling array of permutations and new waveshapes. 32 high-resolution wavetable oscillators, 4 per voice, with 8 types of oscillator modifier including Phase Mod (FM), Ring Mod, Amp Mod, Hard Sync, and Windowed Sync
Two pole morphing resonant filters with multiple filter types. Filter can be morphed from low pass, through band pass, to high pass.
Three dedicated envelope generators for AMP, MOD, and FILTER that can be accessed independently or all three simultaneously including negative (reverse) versions. Two Audio rate LFO’s with tempo sync (one poly, one global). Polyphonic LFO can sync to frequency divisions.
Real-time sequencer with 512 steps with input quantize and four recordable/editable parameter animations. Delay FX, LFO’s, sequencer and arpeggiator can be either clocked internally or externally
- Analog clock sync in and out (configured to the KORG / Teenage Engineering specification).
- MIDI DIN in and out. Full-size quarter-inch jacks for stereo audio outs, headphones and external control such as sustain and expression
- 3.5 mm stereo input with ability to route incoming audio through the FX
- Class-compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer or tablet
- Optional software editor available for macOS, Windows, iOS, Android with VST3 and AU compatibility – MODALapp can be run within your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW)
- Power: DC-9.0V-1.5A
Available for pre-order at our partner