The waiting is over. Elektron announced this morning that the Octatrack MKII performance sampler is now shipping. The new MKII version includes new hi-res improved encoders, new high-quality back-lit buttons and more. One of the biggest changes to the MKI I is the new ultra crisp OLED screen and an increased count of dedicated buttons. All this improved nicely the MKII user experience.
Octatrack MKII is an eight track performance sampler and sequencer, designed for both live performers and studio producers. Thanks to a clever combination of internal tracks, MIDI tracks, in- and outputs, and sequencer tricks like conditional trigs, Octatrack MKII is perfect as the centerpiece in any rig. The sample engine, which features time-stretch and pitch-shift in real time, is capable of radically transforming and reshaping samples in an instant.
What does the MKII version bring?
Octatrack MKII is improved, enhanced and modified. A better version of itself, built to mangle samples in demanding environments. Ensured by: high quality buttons and hi-res encoders, a crisp OLED screen with fantastic viewing angles, a professional contactless crossfader and an increased count of dedicated buttons.
Octatrack MKII features several upgrades compared to the MKI version:
- Crisp OLED screen providing optimal feedback in dimly lit environments
- Ultra durable back-lit buttons. Rated for 50 million presses
- Contactless silky smooth performance crossfader
- Precise, hi-res encoders
- Increased amount of dedicated buttons enabling quicker workflow
- Balanced audio inputs with plenty of headroom
Features of Octatrack MKII
- 8 stereo audio tracks.
- 8 dedicated MIDI tracks.
- Instant stereo sampling.
- Real time sample time-stretch & pitch-shift.
- 2 × insert FX per audio track.
- 3 × LFO per track.
- Live friendly Elektron sequencer.
- Individual track lengths and tempo multiplier.
- Parameter locks and trig conditions.
- Contactless performance crossfader.
- Crisp 128 × 64 OLED screen.
- Hi-res encoders.
- Durable back-lit buttons.
- CompactFlash card storage up to 64 GB.
- 1 × ¼″ headphones output.
- 2 × ¼″ impedance balanced main output.
- 2 × ¼″ impedance balanced cue output.
- 4 × ¼″ balanced external input.
- 1 × USB 2.0 High Speed port.
- MIDI IN/OUT/THRU ports.
- W340 × D185 × H63 mm (8.5 × 7.2 × 2.5″) including knobs and rubber feet.
- Weight approx. 2.3 kg (5 lbs).
- Fully compatible with Octatrack MKI projects/data.
The Elektron Octatrack MKII is now available for purchase for $1,399 USD/1449 EUR.
More information here: Elektron Octatrack
Available here: Elektron Octatrack MKII