KORG Prologue Firmware 2.0 adds several new features including support for microtuning, wet/dry mix for the effects, MIDI aftertouch and more.
Not only are you pleased about new products but also when a company releases updates for older products. KORG has today released a major firmware update for their Prologue Synthesizer. The new firmware brings Microtuning support or wet/dry mix control for the stock effects that you already know from the Minilogue xd.
Further, it includes MIDI aftertouch support (reception & assignment), option to turn off the oscilloscope display and more.
The prologue is a polyphonic analog synthesizer with 8 or 16 multitimbral voices. KORG’s analog synthesizer development in recent years has culminated in the prologue, which was designed using 11,000 discrete electronic components. Although the prologue is a flagship instrument, it still retains the inviting feel and accessibility of its predecessors. It features a pure analog path, impeccable sound quality, stunning presence unlike any other poly synth, and the same intuitive interface as the minilogue and monologue, granting you intuitive access to a vast world of analog synthesis.
The prologue uses a structure of 2VCO + MULTI ENGINE, 1VCF, 2EG, 1VCA, and 1LFO. In addition to distinctive, original circuitry, such as wave shaping to shape the oscillator’s overtones and a sync/ring switch, prologue also features a two-pole low pass filter with enhanced sharpness, drive that adds powerful distortion, and a low cut (high pass) switch. Every detail has been improved on from minilogue and monologue. Its sound covers every sonic possibility: fat basses, powerful leads, and the beautiful pads that you expect from a polyphonic synthesizer.
New in KORG Prologue Firmware 2.0
- Support for microtuning feature (as on minilogue xd)
- Added wet/dry mix control to stock delay and reverb effects via shift-depth parameter (as on minilogue xd)
- Display original value
- Support for reception and assignment of MIDI aftertouch.
- Added controls for arpeggiator speed and gate time.
- Added option to turn off oscilloscope display
- Fixed tempo delay times when master clock is external.
- Fixed display and handling of bipolar percent edit parameters for user oscillators.
- logue-sdk minor update to API version 1.1-0 (developer features)
- Fixed other minor bugs
KORG Prologue Firmware v2.0 is available now as a free download for existing users.
More information here: KORG Prologue
Available at our partner
Be the first to comment