GotoEQ is a new vintage passive tube-based equalizer plugin for PC, Mac & iOS that reproduce the classic sound but is expanded by dynamic EQ bands.
Johan from Klevgrand is back with a new plugin and iOS AUv3 app. GotoEQ is a new passive tube-based EQ that reproduce the sound character of vintage equalizers. Does not sound like something new but it is!
Highlight: it features dynamic EQ bands with dynamic attenuation, bringing a musical approach to the classic EQ unit. As usual, this plugin is cross-platform and available for PC, Mac & iOS.
GotoEQ is a new evolution of a vintage passive tube-based program equalizer, expanding on that classic sound with dynamic EQ bands. GotoEQ performs the classic ‘low-end trick’ with dual Boost and Attenuate controls for its low shelf, but it also offers the ability to perform a ‘high-end trick‘, with a similar formulation of high shelving. With continuous frequency selection, you can tune each band as you like. But most importantly of all, GotoEQ’s two mid bands offer dynamic attenuation, bringing a musical approach to the classic EQ unit.
Simultaneously boost and cut the low shelf to create that low-mid scoop on bass tracks. De-ess vocals or de-harsh overheads by engaging dynamic attenuation and tuning the high-mid band. Add air to signals with the high shelf filter, and ‘scoop’ the high-mids using a ‘high-end trick’. Get control over the ‘nose’ of bass tracks with dynamic attenuation of the Low Mid and High Mid bands. Subtly EQ a whole mix or bus using light settings and mild compression.
- Low- and High Shelf filters, with detailed modelling of a classic passive EQ unit.
- Two parametric dynamic filters.
- High-pass filter: 20/40/80 Hz.
- Preset library.
- Continuous frequency selection for all four bands.
- Boost and Attenuation for the Low and High shelving bands.
- Gain, Q and Dynamic Attenuation for the two mid bands.
- Finely-tuned compression algorithm makes mid bands react dynamically to the signal.
- Global Input and Output Gain controls (+/-24dB)
- Global bypass and individual band bypass.
- Peak metering for the input or output
Klevgrand GotoEQ is available now for an introduction price of $29.99 USD (VST/AU/AAX) and $9.99 USD for iOS (AUv3). The regular price is $59.99 USD for the plugin and $19.99 USD for the iOS version. A demo is available, with timed audio drop-outs until a serial number is entered.
More information here: Klevgrand
Available here: Klevgrand GotoEQ