Two weeks ago, Beatmaker 3 was released and already today there is a big update which one does not see so often in the iOS world. Intua, the developer of it added new features, some major improvements and a lot of bug fixes. Beatmaker is still available with a big introduction discount.
Available here: Intua Beatmaker 3
New in Beatmaker 3.0.1
▸▸▸ BeatMaker 3 will be frequently updated to bring more exciting features and improve the overall experience.
New features & improvements
- Added a “MIDI Setup” button when loading an IAA or Audiobus plugin, both on the PLUGIN tab and within the split keyboard screens. This makes setting MIDI output port & channel easier for apps that need proper configuration.
- Added an option in MIDI settings (Browser > Gear icon > MIDI tab), to toggle MIDI data forwarding to the selected pad, a.k.a. ‘OMNI’. When turned off, MIDI routing will be performed regarding Bank / Pad MIDI input configuration. When turned ON, every MIDI messages will be forwarded to the currently selected pad. All this happens if the MIDI message wasn’t assigned to a MIDI focus action.
- Focus actions learning can be cancelled by simply pressing the button again. Also, when switching tabs or hidden the view, learning will be silently stopped.
- Instantiation of AUv3 has been improved.
- Improved support of BM2 presets.
- Renamed “SVFilter 6” to “6-band EQ”.
- The “Velocity” ON/OFF toggle on the keyboard screens will properly be restored.
- Improved USB/iTunes file import, the Documents directory will refresh automatically and ZIP files will be extracted and content imported.
- It’s now possible to tag sessions, bank presets and samples in the browser ‘Files’ + EDIT mode.
- It’s now possible to add custom categories and sub-categories.
- Improved the “Restore Purchases” functionality.
- Improved Audiobus support (ports naming and icons).
- Improved sorting of samples in the ‘SAMPLES’ tab of the Editor screen.
- Case-insensitive sorting of IAA plugins.
- Double-tapping a pattern while in SELECT mode (SONG) will open the Pattern Editor.
- Disabled crossfading for sample using disk streaming.
- Properly update the extra frame needed for linear interpolation, in regard of current looping mode.
- Added a ‘glow’ animation to make it more obvious than an user action / MIDI message is required.
- Fixed an issue where the plugin selector would keep being re-created each time a pad was changing. This led to various crashes.
- Fixed “channel-less” MIDI messages that would cause subsequent MIDI data to be interpreted as SysEx, resulting in some unexpected behavior. Now, for example, the BeatStep Pro transport buttons work as expected.
- Fixed latency change crash.
- Fixed IAA instruments & effects timestamping. Now, most plugins should behave normally.
- Fixed internal MIDI port feedback loop, since two “BeatMaker 3” ports (input / output) were listed in the MIDI input / output ports list.
- Fixed an issue where AUv3 saved in a bank preset wouldn’t recover their state.
- Fixed a glitch in the Macro Screen that would make it impossible to switch between macro slots and display the X/Y zones.
- Fixed Sound Store result parsing leading to crashes.
- Fixed and improved MIDI import, it is also now possible to import MIDI in SCENE & PATTERN modes.
- Fixed a crash that could happen while disconnecting from Ableton Link.
- Fixed a crash that could happen while installing multiple sound-packs.
- Fixed a crash related to selection of current scene.
- Fixed an issue with some recorded patterns that would lead to a crash when exporting.
- Fixed UI rendering of stretched audio clips.
- Fixed sub-category filtering.
- Fixed default position of value editors with patterns.
- Fixed a crash that would happen when disabling the default Amplitude Envelope and setting the trigger type to ‘HOLD’.
- Various smaller improvements
Available here: Intua Beatmaker 3