With Layr, Living Memory Software released a massive multi-timbral Synthesizer with AUv3 support.
Living Memory Software released last week a massive update for the great Layr Synthesizer for iOS. The new version features now a AUv3 version, a new MIDI CC mixer, a good improved user interface as well as many new features.
LayR is a massively polyphonic, multi-timbral synthesizer for iOS devices, optimized for modern 64 bit CPUs and capable of delivering up to 256 voices of rich, multi-layered and textured sounds. LayR’s primary sound components are called Performances where a Performance is a set of Instruments and each Instrument is a set of Layers and each Layer is a complete synthesizer. A performance can consist of any number of instruments each with its own MIDI channel and crossfading keyboard span. Each Instrument can consist of any number of Layers to a maximum of 128.
New In Layr 1.2
- Audio Unit v3
- New App Icon
- New look for User Interface
- PDF Manual ( please read it! )
- An optional “Light” colour scheme
- More new presets!
- Zoomable, scrollable editor
- Shortcut buttons to quickly zoom to locations in the Layer Editor
- Presets shared between instances and with stand-alone app.
New MIDI CC Mixer
- A slider strip for each chanel groups Instrument levels while maintaining relative volumes
- A slider for every MIDI controller assigned in the current Performance
- Slider strips can renamed or hidden from the mixer panel
- Query which instrument/layer/dial any MIDI controllers have been assigned to in the current Performance
- Optionally transmit CCs to the MIDI output port
- Clearly labelled controls
- Double tap or pinch on the background to zoom the UI
- New Mod Matrix for routing modulation sources to any destination
- New Oscillator mode providing coarse/fine tuning and improved FM with a much greater range
- New “Fixed” oscillator mode to decouple the oscillator from MIDI notes
- New “Sync” mode for LFOs keeps LFOs in all playing voices synced to the same phase
- Dials: Increased accuracy and threshold between vertical and horizontal tracking (coarse/fine).
- Every track can now have it’s own mode, length and speed
- New Playback Types
- New Event Types
- Copy/Paste/Clear tracks (long press on track)
- New “Hold” button, the sustain pedal is no longer used to hold arpeggiator notes
Drag & Drop In Instrument Mixer Panel (iOS 11 Only)
- Drag and drop Instrument Strips to rearrange order
- Drag and drop Instrument Strips to copy into or merge with another Instrument
- Drag and drop Layer Strips to rearrange order within an instrument
- Drag and drop Layer Strips to the mixer background to create a new instrument with that Layer
- Drag and drop Layer Strips to other Instruments to make a copy in the destination Instrument
- Easier Import/Export for presets
- Bank Files: A new file type for importing and exporting entire banks of presets to Files etc
- Banks and programs can now be deleted/cleared
- A new MIDI input port for live “Performance” bank/program select using any channel. (optional)
- Option to use either MSB or MSB for bank select.
- Optional “expert level” swipe shortcuts to open or close various panels
- Performance “Append…” has been fixed, you can now append multiple performance programs to the currently loaded performance
- Reverb is now silenced when changing presets
- “Fold” amount in Filter 2 is now adjusted downwards as key notes go up, reducing aliasing artefacts as notes get higher
- An Optional “Legacy Mode” to maintain compatibility with older devices
- Various minor bug fixes and more!
Available here: Layr Synthesizer